Maybe the second time’s a charm. Google released its first Gmail app for iOS over a year ago, but it was a bit buggy and short on features. While Google offered a few minor updates with support for things like push notifications, the Gmail app for iPhone and iPad continued to play second fiddle to the company’s Android apps.
Now Google has released Gmail 2.0 for iOS, and it’s a pretty major redesign.
Gmail 2.0 has a new user interface featuring liberal use of white space, as well as a number of new features including:
- Support for multiple user accounts
- Infinite scrolling in the inbox
- Respond to Google Calendar invites without leaving the app
- Support for interactive Google+ posts
- See search predictions as you type
You can download the latest Gmail app for iOS for free from the App Store.
via Gmail Blog