The latest version of CyanogenMod is now available for Android users who prefer the third party firmware to the software that shipped with their phones. CyanogenMod 6.1 includes a whole slew of changes, including:
- Update to Android 2.2.1
- Touch-to-focus the camera (along with other camera improvements)
- Set quiet hours for your notifications
- Improved caching performance
- Fixed problems with Assisted GPS
- Lock Screen gesture support (unlock phone, enable camera, turn on flashlight, etc)
There are also a number of bug fixes, enhancements, and updated packages.
CyanogenMod 6.1 is supported on a wide range of devices, including the Google Nexus One, Dell Streak, Motorola Droid, and most HTC Android phones.
You can find download links and installation instructions at the CyanogenMod forum.