Apple has been busy pushing its official Twitter clients for mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Blackberry — but that hasn’t stopped third party developers from creating their own Twitter apps. The blogosphere and Twittersphere is abuzz today with the news that a new app called TweetBot takes the whole Twitter experience to a new level.
The app is attractive and choc full of features for power users. If you’re not a power user, you might want to stick with Twitters’ free app since [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tweetbot-a-twitter-client/id428851691?mt=8&uo=4″ title=”tweetbot” text=”TweetBot will set you back $1.99″]. But here’s what you get for the price:
- Support for multiple accounts
- Gesture-based controls
- Support for Twitter lists
- Customizable tab bar
- Ability to post tweets, photos, and video in the background (to keep browsing after you’ve clicked send instead of watching the app think)
- Attractive graphics and sound effects for alerts
- Long list of URL shorteners and sites for sharing photos and videos
TweetBot is available from the App Store [itunes link=”http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tweetbot/id418262183?mt=8&uo=4″ title=”tweetbot” text=”for $1.99″].