Microsoft is set to launch the first really big update for Windows Phone 7 this year. How big? According to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer the update will bring 500 new features.
Of course, I suspect some of those features will be minor user interface tweaks or code changes that most users will never notice.
That said, we already know that Windows Phone 7.5, which is code-named Mango, will include:
- Turn-by-turn driving navigation
- Speech to text in the SMS application
- The ability to save and share Office documents through Office 365 and Windows Live SkyDrive
- Pinnable email folders
- Support for email conversation views
- Support for searching your email server for old messages not stored on your device
- Support for more complex passwords
- Bing Vision, a new Google Goggles clone that lets you search the web by snapping a picture or scanning a barcode with your phone’s camera
- Bing Audio, a Shazam clone that lets you identify a song using your phone’s microphone
Microsoft is set to unveil more details about Windows Phone 7.5 Mango tomorrow.
How big? According to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer the update will bring 500 new features.Thanks for this post
They’ll probably be demoing it on new phones though. Mango is going to launch aside new hardware, so why would they demonstrate it running only on 1st gen Windows Phones. Seems too early to announce phones though with this update probably 4 months away.
They’ll probably be demoing it on new phones though. And the first batch of Android phones where mediocre at best!!
Very usefull to phone and music application but texting like that not sure poeple can :)
I am eager to know about all those 500 new features. I am looking forward for the same.
Comments are closed.